I love my sorority Delta Sigma Theta, and the vision and style of Vintage mahogani. Check out how they rocked the runway to bring awareness to women and heart disease. Did you know that heart disease is the #1 killer of women in the US. Research shows that 80 percent of cardiac events in women are linked to poor choices, involving diet, exercise and smoking.
If you want to do something about this, GO RED FOR WOMEN and take the SwagHER Fitness pledge by putting your right hand over your heart and creating a body confidence lifestyle:
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Eating regular meals throughout the day, breakfast and lunch with a healthy snack in between.
- Replacing your emergency candy and chips drawer with some health snack, such as nuts, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Taking a brisk walk during your lunch break (outside if it’s nice, inside during these lovely northeast winters)
- Challenging your co-workers, family, friends, and neighbors to adopt a body confidence lifestyle with you by establishing health goals with an incentive.
- Quit smoking
- LOVE YOUR BODY, HONOR IT, TRY NEW THINGS, AND HAVE FUN!
- Follow SwagHER Fitness on Facebook for daily BODY CONFIDENCE LIFESTYLE tips and resources.